|The closest you'll ever be to his pretty face|
I tried to go with no health system and I like the results. However, this made me spend most of the day rewriting the projectile system into something a lot more physics-based. I also spent some time polishing up the robot and some other features.
- Enemy bullets can now hit you and will make it harder for you to keep walking
- Footstep sounds!
- Rate of fire limitations on your own mech (the huge cannon is no longer semi-automatic)
- The robot looks 20% cooler and features a tiny pilot (which I might animate if I feel like it)
- Footstep detection is a bit wonky
- I might make the "shoot" button a keyboard key if it doesn't make the game too easy. I intended to keep it on the screen as an added challenge.
- Maybe make the feet separate parts to make walking seem smoother and more realistic (also should help polish the footstep sounds)
- Begginings of robot number 2 (aka hard mode)
- Make the menu.
- Put flying enemy into the game if we're very lucky
This link over here should take you on today's adventure.