|My gun is slightly bigger|
Spent most of the day doing other non-game related things like going to the dentist and such. Despite this I think I made quite a bit of progress. Most of it can be summed up as "cleaning up" the messy code and fixing lesser issues.
- Cool special effects for the bullets!
- Graphical tweaks, sort of... Well at least everything should look shinier now .
- The tank now runs away from you!
- It also shoots back (bullets hitting the robot may not actually do anything yet. Batteries sold separately.)
- Made the gun mount more "rigid" (it now doesn't wobble every time you shoot). This means it's now harder to use the recoil as an improvised jetpack (sorry)
- Did you know the tank had moving tracks? Well now you'll notice they exist.
- THE BULLETS, THEY DO NOTHING. Should I make the mech have a health bar or just make the shots move it back a bit and make it harder to move?
- The tank dies in one shot
- The tank explosion's effect disappears suddenly. This won't be trivial to fix unfortunately.
- Bullets still do nothing when they hit the ground
- As you can see from the screenshot, that shell might be slightly bigger than it should
- Consider implementing a health system or not.
- Make a menu?
- Tweak the interface?
- More graphical tweaks?
- Model a flying enemy.